We have a newly remodeled space conveniently located right off Missouri Blvd. Our director and lead teachers all have degrees in early childhood education or a closely related field. We provide the children with a carefully planned curriculum that focuses their attention on a particular concept and includes both child-guided and teacher-guided experiences.
Why Happy Hearts?
- A complete school readiness program including art, sensory play, math and science exploration, a reading and writing center and much more!
- Parent activities to encourage connections between home and school
- Continuous training for our teachers including first aid and CPR, early childhood curriculum training and workshops on developmentally appropriate practice
- Healthy meals prepared on site to ensure good nutrition
- Daily communication with parents
- Acceptance of state assistance, military assistance and participation in the School Lunch Program
Our staff receive training in First Aid, Infant/Child CPR and infection control. All staff members are also registered with the Missouri State Family Registry, which identifies allegations of child abuse/neglect and also any criminal history reports. The teachers are required by the Mssouri Department of Health, Bureau of Child Care to attend at least 12 hours of early childhood training each year.
Our purpose is to provide children ages 2-5 years with a high quality preschool experience that includes parents as our partners. We offer a caring, nuturing environment where children are free to experiment and explore through their play and where parents are free to come and go as their schedule allows. Our teaching is based on knowledge, not assumptions, of how children learn and develop.